2014 Goals // January

January Goals | emilywavering.com

In the spirit of a fresh flip of the calendar, I decided to jump on board with something that Haley over at The Tiny Twig is doing. I loved her January goals post, especially this bit:

“[Goals are] the direction I’m aiming and a firmer declaration of the ideas and hopes God has put on my heart. They are not resolutions, they are not be-all-and-end-alls. No way. My goals are held with a super loose hand, and I know that I’ll pivot and abandon and move towards the better that God has for me in 2014.”

So good. Perfect articulation of so many thoughts I’ve had bouncing around in my brain.

I’d like to make this goal-setting business a monthly thing for 2014 (a resolution in and of itself, I know), but they’ll all be little things. My post-undergrad life is positively riddled with big goals, little goals, and goals that change on a daily basis – this will be a nice way for me to focus on things other than my aspirations for school/career/the future and all its mysterious glory.

So here are three little things I’ve had bouncing around in my head for a while  – I’m not a procrastinator by nature, but I’ve procrastinated on these things for one reason or another. But no more!

January Goals

1. Pick one week in January to do the SNAP Challenge.
2. Maintain a blog post schedule, and get into the habit of doing two recipes posts and two policy posts per month.
3. Watch Helvetica, Objectified and Urbanized. [I bought all three Hustwit documentaries back in October and have yet to watch them...eish.]

What three little goals are you making for January?

About these ads

8 responses

1. Found your blog Via The Tiny Twig!
    Those are attainable goals for this month.
    I watched “Helvetica” in college.
    That is now my favorite font, I think you’ll enjoy it.
    Some of my goals for January are:
    1. Have at least 25 granny squares completed
    2. $15 in my new savings account (another challenge)
    3. Read 2 books

January 9, 2014 at 9:18 pm

• Thanks for stopping by and sharing your goals, Laura! Forgive my ignorance – what are granny squares? Are they a knitting/quilting project?

January 11, 2014 at 9:30 pm

• Granny squares are crochet squares that are put together to make a quilt!

January 11, 2014 at 10:07 pm

• Ah, so cool! I’ve been knitting for a long time now, but I’ve never crocheted and I’ve never attempted a blanket – good luck!

January 11, 2014 at 10:21 pm

2. monthly goals sounds good to me – a nice way to make sure we’re focusing on the little steps that make our larger goals possible (and have a bit of fun on the way). as for january – i’m joining a book club, learning to sew and taking a spinning class. sort of a try new things ordeal :) interested to see how your SNAP challenge goes– eggs, cheese and tortillas can get you pretty far :)

January 10, 2014 at 11:57 pm

• I thought so too :) Great goals! You’ll have to post some updates on how spin class goes. I’ve always wanted to give spinning a try, but then chickened out. More power to you for giving some new things a go!

January 11, 2014 at 9:33 pm

3. I loved Helvetica! Just found your site via Apartment Wife!

January 29, 2014 at 6:42 pm